No, if you are on WhatsApp API you don’t have to pay per message. Instead, it’s pay per conversation. Meta will charge you per conversation and not per message.
Now what is a Conversation?
In the context of the WhatsApp API, a “conversation” refers to the interaction and exchange of messages between a business and a user on the WhatsApp platform in 24 hours. The WhatsApp API allows businesses to engage with their customers in a conversational manner, providing a more dynamic and interactive experience.
So now What is Pay Per Conversation on WhatsApp API instead of Message?
Like mentioned above a conversation has a validity of 24 hours. So after the said time, it is treated as another conversation. Hence as per Meta’s Conversation-Based Pricing, it charges you per conversation and not per message (if it was per message then the entire cost would be a bomb to small & medium businesses). The charge happens when your initial message gets delivered and the conversation thread is triggered.
Is there a Per Day Messaging limit on the Broadcast option with WhatsApp API?
Yes, there is a per-day limit for broadcast messaging via whatsapp API set by Meta to double sure that brands don’t bulk spam the public and run away. The limit set goes like this:-
- Broadcast messages per day = 250, if your business entity is not verified on Meta (Facebook) Business Manager.
- Broadcast messages per day = 1000, once your business entity is verified on Meta (Facebook) Business Manager.
- Broadcast messages per day = 10000, as per the Meta messaging condition mentioned below (in image).
- Broadcast messages per day = 100000, as per the Meta messaging condition mentioned below (in image).
- Broadcast messages per day = ‘Unlimited’, as per the Meta messaging condition mentioned below (in the image).
Want to register on WhatsApp Api & kick-start broadcast campaigns?